Sidor

lördag 22 september 2012

Some new bonsaipots.


 Here are the result of my first firing in the Ittagama( wood fired kiln). I am pleased with the result and can´t wait to fire it again!


The nice orange/brown "dot" on the rim comes from a peace of
seaweed that I put on the side of the pot. It became a nice glassy
glaze that I will continue experiment with.

 
Detail.










From this angle it really shows the nice effects from
 fire, heat and ashes in the glaze!

















Some nicely carved feet on that one =)




















I love the glaze on this one.








The glazeeffect on the right side is also from seaweed
that i put on the pot.






The last four pots is from my latest firing in the electric kiln. Slightly larger pots around 25- 35 cm wide.











Nice glaze on this oval... Too bad it got a bit warped in the firing.






2 kommentarer:

  1. Really beautiful pots! I like to think warping is a sign of trees weight. At least that is my theory, and I stick to it. I have been trying to use black clay bodies lately, and they seem to warp when burnt to vitrification.

    Legs are difficult, you make really nice ones.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you Jani. I saw your blog, and i am impressed by your homemade kickwheel. You have nice pots aswell =)

    SvaraRadera